Tuesday, June 20, 2006

¡En Comayagua Honduras!

¡Hola! ?Como estan? My spanish as you can see, slowly getting there. First I thank you all, and above all, Our Lord for bringing me here safely. From the moment I arrived and got a beautiful whiff of Honduran air, I knew I was finally at my second home. I have never felt as much peace as I did driving through the most deadliest interstate in Honduras to Comayagua. It really felt like years and years of dreams finally coming true, and I still feel that the next day. We arrived to a house of about 4 girls, all who have devoted a year and still more to the ministry and let me tell you, they are the most peacefull and charismatic women I have ever met, all with the guidance of Carol and our Blessed Mother, bringing their broken hearts to Jesus. It really is about being broken here, and it is alot more than I expected, but my heart is beating stronger because of the challenge and the humility that God is promising me in this. We spend about 3 hours sporatically each day in prayer (mass, adoration, praise and worship, etc) and that is the least we can get to strengthen us to do the work set for us here. As I meet more and more Hondurans who remember me, I constantly get more strength in this community. Things although, are much different here. The government is a wreck, daylight savings time is only observed by a few areas in Honduras. The HARVEST truly is plenty, and the workers sadly to say, are few. Which is why I believe that in my love for Honduras I can do nothing but serve the people here with my whole heart, my whole mind, and my whole spirit. Please pray for Honduras, America has rubbed off on it in many ways, some Good, some bad. The medical departments give out cheep (less than 1 dollar) birth control to ANYONE, provides cheap sterilizations to men and women...which is PERMANENT. And the evangelical church in its sincere attempts to help people, has been viciously damaging the Church and Her people here in devastating ways....but there is much hope for them here. Amidst all the sin and emptiness that exists because of a growing idea of SELF....there still is hope. There are those few OUTstanding Honduran youth and adults that want to protect their country from this way of life. I have to leave now, the teller wants his lemps for using this computer. Forward this to whoever you feel should read it and please above all else, draw close to Jesus, and please fall in LOVE with the sacraments. Pray for us...it is your prayers that allow us to serve here. I miss you all, and love you. May the Peace of Christ be with everyone. May the Body of Christ thrive....

Andres

1 Comments:

Blogger Woottonman said...

Yeah ANDY... make us proud brother... I got to go visit the Little Sisters of the Poor the other day, and I totally thought of you and told them about your willingness to give yourself to the Lord as they have chosen to do the same. You NOW have EVERYONE praying for you and your journey, and I can't wait to see how God delivers you! weeeeeeeeeeee how fun.

10:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home