Friday, August 11, 2006

Back in Honduras......for good

Ahh...so the first week back in Honduras is over.....and the shock of not going home like every other short term mission is now hitting me. It has been a beautiful week, but last night reaffirmed in all of our hearts how much the work is just slowly beginning. As much as I have grown to love the girls who stayed for the summer, it is a positive thing to see the forming of the real team that will stay for this coming year or more. So far...after Tony and the other girls leave, it will be Carol, Joseph, Allyson, Ethel and I. Last night we discussed the issue of long term commitment to the mission from the supporters in the state.....its strange and very providential that Joseph and I came when we did....for there would have only been Carol and 2 or maybe 3 people on the permanent team for this year...which would have been a crazy responsibility on them. But, after this week and the blessings and oppurtunites God has given this summer and for the future of ministries here in Comayagua....more long term commitments are needed so we are praying, and ask that you pray for that as well. God provides, and as Carol said last night, He always has, even when it would take a miracle so we must Praise Him..

Anyways, with much work and responsibility has come Beauty like I have never ever seen before. Working with the young children and families this week whether in a classroom type situation, or outdoor ministries, or last night in a small Chapel on the other side of town.....God shines through these people in ways I never knew. Again, amidst the pain I find so much love and willingness to submit to our Lord...it is truly amazing. But as I am witnessing this beauty, I am coming face to face with my failures and my lackings...everyday the little things that I struggle with are highlighted in such profound ways, in which God is demanding conversion of heart...it has been the most difficult thing I have ever encountered but I am growing so much, and yet have so much still to grow in.

Yesterday, as I was working on a very ugly looking dog house for the puppy we are in the market for, the discipleship girls met in our house and totally blew me away with their presence. I felt so much peace, and as I listened to their testimonies and their voices, I felt like I was in the midst of Jesus Himself...and I was. They were all living tabernacles of His love, and yet all had so much pain in their pasts, whether physical and/or sexual abuse, extreme poverty, and lack of love from family. Still, they had SO much love to give and desire to share with Someone, anyone....and I am slowly learning how sometime to just let these children and even adults with such sad and horrible backgrounds....love you with their whole heart. It is truly a beautiful humility to be learned....and I believe we all need to learn how to love, but also to let others Love us... After the class, we went over to the soccer court near our house and I asked the guys who always play on the court everyday, to let us play a game first, since the girls are never permitted to play.....and being a little bigger than most hondurans, they gave in. So we played soccer, and I saw so much joy in the smiles of these little girls....just having the oppurtunity to play soccer and enjoy life, which seems crazy to believe, but these children can enjoy life in the little things, hugs, games, coloring, etc....but they do it with their whole heart...and you can definitely see it.

After the game, we drove over to San Isidro which is a little chapel built for the people to have vigils in about a 10 minute drive from our house. Every thursday we prepare a meeting on a certain aspect of the faith, and have praise and worship with about 20 or 30 people in that neighborhood, and they Love it....they bring their families and praise our Lord with us. Last night was beautiful, and the the presence of Christ was so evident for me, as well as His peace in all the faces, especially the old women there...one of them Eva, is this beautiful older women wit the biggest smile and and even bigger way of showing her love every hug or kiss she gives....and it constantly reminds me of how much love I lack and need to continually pray for.

Right now I am preparing some things for a meeting with Brother Mateo, so I apologize if this was rushed, I really do want to update this so I can petition you all for constant prayers and intercession...I need it more than ever before....so please forgive me.

Also, pray for all those who left last week from here and are back in the states.....Especially the 3 or 4 I had the honor of spending time with friday....their vocation and calling....Josh, Fina, Amador....I saw the face of Christ in all of you guys...and Im praying that you continue to listen to Gods calling in your lives....

I have to go now, I have a long day downtown today, and the Poor Clares are having their feast day today....please keep all of us in your prayers, and we will be praying for you.. P

Peace of Christ

Andres

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home